The Special Education Parent Resource Center is located at:
Syphax Education Center
Sequoia Plaza 2
2110 Washington Boulevard, Suite 158
Arlington, VA 22204
- ART: The ART bus stop is on Uhle St., at the entrance to the Sequoia Plaza complex.
- ART 42 Ballston – Pentagon
- ART 45 Columbia Pike-DHS/Sequoia-Rosslyn – (every 30 minutes)
- ART 77 Shirlington-Lyon Park-Court House
METROBUS: Bus routes to Sequoia (connects with 4 metro stations and Seven Corners):
- 10A/E – Hunting Towers-Pentagon (every 30 minutes)
- 10B – Hunting Towers-Ballston (every 30 minutes)
- 4A/H- Pershing Dr.-Arlington Blvd. (every 30 minutes, except 1 hour between 10-2pm)
- 16 H, K
- 16 P
- 16 Y weekdays only
As you approach the area from Route 50, Washington Boulevard, and S. Fillmore Street, you may notice blue signs that read “Arlington Human Services Center”. Please follow those signs, as they will lead you to the Arlington Department of Human Services Building. We are right across the courtyard, and share a parking garage with DHS.
Driving directions from I-395 and I-66
- From I-395: Exit at Route 27 (Washington Boulevard). Merge onto Washington Boulevard. Proceed north approximately 0.2 mile. Exit onto 2nd St S. Turn right at S Court House Rd. and take gentle left at intersection. APS’ Syphax Education Center is to the left of the traffic circle, across from the Department of Human Services.
- From I-66 Heading East: Take exit 72 for US-29/Lee Hwy toward Spout Run Pkwy. Turn right at Lee Hwy/US-29 N. Turn right at N Kirkwood Rd. Turn left at N Washington Blvd. Take the 1st right to stay on N Washington Blvd. Turn right at S Court House Rd. and stay to the right. APS’ Syphax Education Center is to the left of the traffic circle, across from the Department of Human Services.
Driving directions from Glebe Road
- From South Arlington: Turn right on Columbia Pike. Turn left on Court House Rd. Proceed straight past 2 nd St. and then take gentle left at intersection. APS’ Syphax Education Center is to the left of the traffic circle, across from the Department of Human Services.
- From North Arlington: Turn right onto the US-50 E ramp. Exit onto S Washington Blvd. toward Pentagon/I-395. Take immediate right at S Court House Rd. APS’ Syphax Education Center is to the left of the traffic circle, across from the Department of Human Services.
- Free parking in above-ground garage. Once in the garage, please park on the LL, B1, or B2 levels. Please note that accessibility ramps and additional accessible parking has been allotted on B1 & B2 to allow for access to elevators which lead to the ground level of 2110 Building. Follow the signs for Building 2110, take the elevator to the L (lobby) level, and enter via the silver doors. The Welcome Center will be to your left, and staff will direct you to the Parent Resource Center. Metered street parking is also available.
Other services at Sequoia
- Employment Center
- Crisis Assistance Family Services
- Homeowner Grant Program
- Dental Clinic
- Food Stamps
- and much, much more!
Amenities in the Area
- APS Café (by Food Services)
- Café Sequoia (Sequoia #1)
- 7-Eleven (1 block)
- El Charrito – 2710 Washington Blvd (0.5 mile)
- Tallula/EatBar – 2761 Washington Blvd (0.6 mile)
- Astor Mediterranean – 2300 North Pershing Dr (0.5 mile)
- Vocelli Pizza – 2626 North Pershing Dr (0.6 mile)
- Shopping Center on Columbia Pike – 15-20 minute walk down S. Courthouse Road to Columbia Pike, turn right
- Bob & Edith’s Diner – 2310 Columbia Pike (0.7 mile) – 15 minute walk down S. Courthouse Road to Columbia Pike, turn right
- Bangkok 54, Lost Dog Cafe, McDonalds, Ethio cafe, Subway – Columbia Pike & Walter Reed (0.8 mile) – 20-25 minutes walking
Need more information? You can contact the Parent Resource Center at 703.228.2739 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to talking with you.