NOVEMBER was Family Involvement in Education Month in Virginia
Governor Terence R. McAuliffe, the Virginia Board of Education and the Virginia Department of Education recognize November 2015 as Family Involvement In Education Month and encourage local school officials to develop plans and policies to enhance parental engagement in their children’s schools, lives, and in the education community.
Resources for Families:
- Virginia Department of Education Family Involvement Resources: For Families
- Virginia Special Education Family Connection
- Get Involved
- I Have a Question…What Parents and Caregivers Can Ask and Do to Help Children Thrive at
- School: A Parent Checklist
- Steps to Success: Communication with Your Child’s School
- Guidance for Military Families with Students in Special Education
- ParentToolkit – Parent Toolkit is a website that will help you navigate your child’s journey from pre-kindergarten through high school. It is designed to help you track and support progress at each stage.
Need more information? You can contact the Parent Resource Center at 703.228.2739 or email@example.com. We look forward to talking with you.