Developed in collaboration with Virginia Commonwealth University’s Autism Center for Excellence (VCU-ACE), we hope this tool proves useful for all families of children with disabilities, and that it assists you in: becoming an active member of your child’s educational team; working collaboratively with your school; accessing resources that are available to support you and your child; and, making the best possible decisions on your child’s behalf.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact the Parent Resource Center via email, or by phone at 703.228.7239 if we may be of support to you.
View specific sections of Guide below:
- My Role as a Parent
- The Special Education Process
(Use our printable “At a Glance” Forms to prepare for your various special education meetings.)
- At a Glance Student Support Team Form
- At a Glance Eligibility Form
- At a Glance Individualized Education Program (IEP) Form
- At a Glance Re-evaluation Planning Meeting Form
- At a Glance Re-evaluation Form
- Family School Engagement and Collaboration Strategies
- Key Transitions
- My Child
- Keeping Records