Welcome! This page is designed to provide resources for parents of AAC users.
Arlington Public Schools has two AAC Coaches, who are happy to meet 1:1 with parents.
Register for a complimentary coaching session.
- English AAC Parent Coaching Flyer
- Amharic AAC Parent Coaching Flyer
- Arabic AAC Parent Coaching Flyer
- Mongolian AAC Parent Coaching Flyer
- Spanish AAC Parent Coaching Flyer
Virtual AAC Supper Club Video: Winter 2023 – February 15, 2023
- Read more about James Falahee at this link.
- Cooking with Core by Gail Van Tatenhove is a free resource available online.
- Making Pizza
- Fresh Rolls with Poached Shrimp
Virtual AAC Supper Club Video: Spring 2023 – May 3, 2023
Arlington Public Schools AAC Awareness Week Video
Arlington Public Schools AAC at Home Video (Features Parent Share Fair and presentation by APS AAC Implementation Coaches)
Resources to Support Communication at Home
|Games and Activities to Reinforce Joyful Communication||Project Core||Tarheel Shared Reader||Say it with CORE||Building Reading & Writing into Everyday Life|
Printable Resources and Handouts
- 5 Tips for Communicating with Nonverbal Students – Noodle Nook
- 10 Commandments of AAC Devices
- AAC Do/Do Not – Lauren Enders
- AAC Strategies in Healthcare Settings – Susan Berkowitz
- Have fun with AAC memes
- Keys to Modeling – CoughDrop
- More Teaching, Less Testing – PrAACtical AAC
- Never Too Late or Early – The AAC Coach
- Partner Strategies for Augmentative Communication – Susan Berkowitz:
- Print, hang, or give someone an AAC awareness image
- Speak Up and Be Safe – Scope
- Subway Art – Rachael Langley
- The Periodic Table of AAC – Kate Ahern
- Tips for Parents of Children Who Communicate Without Words – Hanen Center
Social Media Connections