To ensure all students learn and thrive in safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments
To be an inclusive community that empowers all students to foster their dreams, explore their possibilities, and create their futures
- Excellence: Ensure all students receive an exemplary education that is academically challenging and meets their social and emotional needs.
- Equity: Eliminate opportunity gaps and achieve excellence by providing access to schools, resources, and learning opportunities according to each student’s unique needs.
- Inclusivity: Strengthen our community by valuing people for who they are, nurturing our diversity, and embracing the contributions of all students, families, and staff.
- Integrity: Build trust by acting honestly, openly, ethically, and respectfully.
- Collaboration: Foster partnerships with families, community, and staff to support the success of our students.
- Innovation: Engage in forward-thinking to identify bold ideas that enable us to be responsive to the expectations of our organization and community while cultivating creativity, critical thinking, and resourcefulness in our students.
- Stewardship: Manage our resources to honor the community’s investment in our schools; create safe, healthy, and environmentally sustainable learning environments; support civic and community engagement; and serve current and future generations.
- STUDENT SUCCESS: Multiple Pathways to Student Success
- STUDENT WELL-BEING: Healthy, Safe, and Supported Students
- ENGAGED WORKFORCE
- OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- PARTNERSHIPS: Strong and Mutually Supportive Partnerships
Understanding that APS, as well as the profession of education as a whole, is dynamic and constantly evolving, each year the Strategic Plan will be reviewed by staff, parents, and community members to determine annual performance toward goals as well as to make any adjustments that may be needed. Adjustments may be made to goals, desired outcomes, objectives, or strategies as we engage in constant monitoring and realignment. In addition to this annual process, the Strategic Plan drives the annual School Board and Superintendent priorities, district department plans, school plans, and specific projects and tasks.
Printable version of the 2018-24 Strategic Plan
- The Strategic Plan – main elements of the plan including mission, vision, core values, goals and performance objectives. (Spanish) Tri-fold format, print front to back on short side.
- The Strategic Plan includes messages from the School Board and Superintendent, the main elements of the plan, and details about the development process and implementation of the plan. (Spanish)
On June 7, 2018 the School Board adopted the 2018-24 Strategic Plan. APS develops six-year strategic plans with staff and community involvement to identify focus areas for school system improvement. Each year the School Board and the public receive reports on the progress made within each Strategic Plan goal area during the preceding year, with the opportunity for modifications to the Strategic Plan as warranted.