Strong and Mutually Supportive Partnerships
Develop and support strong connections among schools, families, and the community to broaden opportunities for student learning, development, and growth.
- High-impact strategies for engaging all families
- APS programs and services integrate with those in the broader community
- Community businesses and organizations provide opportunities for internships/externships, service, and leadership development
Performance Objectives to Measure Progress on the Goal for Strong and Mutually Supportive Partnerships
21. At least 90% of family and community engagement activities build the capacity of staff and families in capabilities (skills and knowledge), connections (networks), cognition (understanding) and confidence (a Dual Capacity-Building Framework for Family-School Partnerships).
22. At least 95% of APS families will respond favorably on student and family engagement on the Your Voice Matters.
23. The number of partnerships/ volunteer opportunities will meet the needs of students, specifically in the areas of internships and externships.
Strategies to ensure Strong and Mutually Supportive Partnerships
- Provide training and resources for staff and families to create meaningful partnerships that support student success and well-being.
- Foster effective and meaningful collaboration among and between resources in APS and the community, including APS programs and services, student, parent, and teacher organizations, County government agencies and programs, non-profit organizations, businesses, advisory groups, and community groups.
- Build partnerships with local, state, and national businesses, organizations, and governments to support a variety of learning experiences.
- Partner with local organizations to provide wraparound services to students including healthcare, nutrition, academic, and social and emotional supports.
- Build a comprehensive structure for defining strategic partnerships, setting expectations, monitoring performance, and measuring quality.