Strong and Mutually Supportive Partnerships
Develop and support strong connections among schools, families, and the community to broaden opportunities for student learning, development, and growth.
- High-impact strategies for engaging all families
- APS programs and services integrate with those in the broader community
- Community businesses and organizations provide opportunities for internships/externships, service, and leadership development
Strategies to ensure Strong and Mutually Supportive Partnerships
- Provide training and resources for staff and families to create meaningful partnerships that support student success and well-being.
- Foster effective and meaningful collaboration among and between resources in APS and the community, including APS programs and services, student, parent, and teacher organizations, County government agencies and programs, non-profit organizations, businesses, advisory groups, and community groups.
- Build partnerships with local, state, and national businesses, organizations, and governments to support a variety of learning experiences.
- Partner with local organizations to provide wraparound services to students including healthcare, nutrition, academic, and social and emotional supports.
- Build a comprehensive structure for defining strategic partnerships, setting expectations, monitoring performance, and measuring quality.
Performance Objectives to Measure Progress on the Goal for Strong and Mutually Supportive Partnerships
21. At least 90% of family and community engagement activities build the capacity of staff and families in capabilities (skills and knowledge), connections (networks), cognition (understanding) and confidence (a Dual Capacity-Building Framework for Family-School Partnerships).
22. At least 95% of APS families will respond favorably on student and family engagement on the Your Voice Matters.
23. The number of partnerships/ volunteer opportunities will meet the needs of students, specifically in the areas of internships and externships.