Residency regulations for school attendance are delineated under Arlington Public Schools Policy J-5.3.30. The Office of School Support & Student Services provides assistance to local schools in the admission and assignment of students in accordance with Arlington Public Schools procedures. The office evaluates requests for the admission of nonresident tuition-paying students
To register in Arlington Public Schools, you need the following:
- Proof of the child’s age, legal name (i.e., your child’s birth certificate)
- Medical Information: immunization records as well as a physical examination and a TB (tuberculosis) test within the 12 months prior to starting school
- Official School Records from another school system or county (if applicable or available)
- Proof of residency (proof that the student lives in Arlington County)
- If you own or rent a home or apartment, proof of residency is your deed, home purchase closing documents if the deed is not yet recorded, or current rental contract/lease
- If you live with an Arlington resident, you must fill out PROOF OF ARLINGTON COUNTY RESIDENCY FORM A and FORM B
- Proof of Arlington County Residency Form A English | Spanish
- Proof of Arlington County Residency Form B English | Spanish
- If you are a student or family experiencing homelessness and are trying to register for APS, please contact Barbara Fisher, Homeless Liaison, at 703-228-2585.
- For questions about residency, please contact the registrar at your child’s school. Additional questions may be directed to Joseph Pope, APS Residency Specialist, at 703-228-2590 or Joseph.firstname.lastname@example.org.