The Department of Teaching and Learning has compiled summer resources for families to access so children can continue learning during the summer months.
What can families do during the summer?
- Utilize our Summer Enrichment Choice Boards
- Access our Summer Math Review
- Visit our Educational Resources for Families page
- Virtually visit the public library to check out books and participate in summer reading programs.
- Have a routine time for reading with your child.
- Be a reader and writer yourself. Share what you are reading with your children.
- Read aloud to your reader.
- Encourage your child to choose the books she or he reads. Self-selection is important for motivation.
- Encourage your child to write – postcards, letters, emails, journals and sticky notes.
- Check out the APS Library Services website for summer eBooks and other reading links.
- Visit the websites listed under Summer Reading Websites, Book Lists for Students, and Summer Reading Tips for additional summer reading fun ideas!