- The APS Parent Academy offers parents and guardians of children attending schools in Arlington learning opportunities on a wide variety of subjects to support the academic, social and emotional development of children.
- APS’ Parent Resource Center (PRC) is a special education information center for families, staff and community members. The PRC offers support and assistance, individual consultations with families, a lending library, a parent newsletter, parent learning opportunities, and serves as an information and referral source for families and staff members.
- APS’ Family and Community Engagement (FACE) program provides districtwide leadership in creating meaningful partnerships between APS and families to support student academic success.
- The Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) – in partnership with Arlington Public Schools – offers morning, afternoon, and evening English classes for adults throughout the year.
- Need access to the internet? Ask about options at your child’s school and at your local library.
- Free or Reduced-Price Meals: View updated information about meal prices for this school year. We encourage families who may qualify for free or reduced-price meals to apply for meal benefits. Applications are available in ParentVUE, on the APS Food Services Webpage or online at www.myschoolapps.com.
Arlington Community Resources
- Arlington County Public Library provides information about the library, programs available through the library, book lists, world newspapers, and access to the library’s collection of materials, and more. You might enjoy visiting during one of their story times!
- Arlington Government provides food, financial and medical assistance for Arlington residents in need. For assistance getting groceries or meals, please call 703-228-1300. Locations of food pantries and free meal pick-up for children and families are shown on this map.
- Northern Virginia Family Services provides tools, guidance, and support for families to build a healthy, successful life through programs and services ranging from basic needs to helping children, adults, and families realize their full potential.
Virginia Department of Education Resources
- Resources For Families and Students
- Virginia School Quality Profiles (link will focus you to Arlington Public Schools data)
U.S. Department of Education Resources
- U.S Department of Education’s Helping Your Child series of publications for parents in English and Spanish.
- U.S. Department of Education’s Helping Your Child Become a Reader provides ideas for language-building activities that you can do with your child to help her build the skills she needs to become a reader.
Some additional online resources that may be of interest. All are free and publicly available.