Summer is a great time to have some fun while raising academic skills/readiness by reading, reading, and reading! Here are some special summer programs to keep you and your student going!
- Keep a record of 3 books you read this summer and receive a free book of your choice from Barnes and Noble through the Summer Reading program. You might also enjoy these supporting activities.
- Pre-K through Grade 2 students at Carlin Springs, Drew, and Hoffman-Boston and their families are invited to take a ride to their local public library on the Traveling Trolley this summer! These fun-filled Wednesday evenings in July include story time, projects, book check-out, good eats, and more, all with others from your school community. Learn more here.
- Approximately 650 students at APS Title I schools are receiving summer reading material in the mail this summer. Students at each school chose their books at a book fair this Spring and will receive 3 books each month in June, July, and August. Happy reading, Summer Mailbox Books participants!
- Looking for some fun and low-key activities to do this summer that support literacy learning? Check out these great suggestions from Reading Is Fundamental (RIF).
- Participate in the Arlington Public Library Summer Reading program.