Proposed Revisions to the Enrollment and Transfers for Schools and Programs Policy (SB 25-2.2)
At the School Board’s direction, APS is beginning the process of updating SB Policy 25-2.2, Enrollment and Transfers for Schools and Programs. The policy was last completely reviewed and revised in 2001-02.The goal of this review and revision process is three-fold:
- To make it easier for families to understand the school options available and processes to apply;
- To align the structure of the policy and procedures with best practices; and
- To allow for flexibility in making adjustments in the future as we continue to address capacity.
Staff has developed a first draft, and those draft revisions to the policy will be posted online on Wed, Feb. 8, and will be shared with the community for discussion and feedback over the next couple of months. Our goal is to complete the process of reviewing and finalizing it later this spring. Two community discussions are scheduled to kick off the process. Both meetings will present the same information so that community members only need to attend one: (please note location changes)
- Wed, Feb. 22. 7pm at Washington-Lee HS (1301 N Stafford St)
- Thu, Mar. 2 7pm at Wakefield HS (1325 S Dinwiddie St)
We will also live stream the meeting on FaceBook and a videotape of the meeting will be posted on our website for those who cannot attend.
The January 9 School Board work session began to inform the community engagement process for revising this policy.
The engagement process will occur between mid-February 2017 and May 2017. Details about community meetings will be posted in early February.
Read the current APS Policy 25-2.2 Enrollment and Transfers for Schools and Programs