A walking school bus is a group of children walking to school with one or more adults. That may sound simple, and that is part of the appeal. It can be as informal as two families taking turns walking their children to school or as structured as a planned route with meeting points, a timetable and a schedule of trained volunteers.
A variation on the walking school bus is a bicycle train where a group of children and adult leaders ride together to school.
- Starting a Walking School Bus: The Basics
- Deciding If a Walking School Bus Is the Right Fit
- Choosing a Program Structure
- Addressing Safety
- Option 1: Starting Simple
- Option 2: Reaching Out to More Children
- Keeping the Walking School Bus Going
Source: SRTS Guide