Thank you for your inquiry about volunteering for Arlington Public Schools.
All volunteers must complete an Application form / Spanish Volunteer Application and a Confidentiality agreement / Spanish Confidentiality form must be signed. The application should be submitted to the Updated 2017-18 Volunteer and Partnership Liaison List where you would like to volunteer. If you are exploring volunteer opportunities and do not know where you would like to volunteer please contact Dawn Smith at email@example.com
Volunteer & Partnership Program
1426 N. Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22207
APS welcomes students who are interested in volunteering, and those who are under 18 years of age must have a signed Parental Guardian Consent form included with their application.
Once the application form has been received:
- You will be notified by e-mail or phone that your application has been received
- A brief background check will be conducted
- Phone interview will be completed
- Your references will be contacted
- Copies of your application will be sent to interested schools
- You will be contacted for school/program assignment
When you report to the school:
- You will complete a brief orientation with your assigned Volunteer Liaison. During the orientation, you will be provided with important information specific to your school location, including emergency procedures, parking information, and protocol for signing in and out of the building.
- Before working directly with students, you will also be asked to complete a short online training on sexual misconduct, which is required by law.
Whether you are a parent, a partner, or a community volunteer, we need your help in completing this process. We appreciate your time and effort, and we want to take every step to ensure the safety and well being of students while you are volunteering in the school.
During your tenure as an APS Volunteer, do not hesitate to contact the Volunteer & Partnership Program office if you need assistance with anything regarding your school volunteer experience. Please call Dawn Smith at 703-228-2581 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in working with our students and our schools!