Thank you for your inquiry about volunteering for Arlington Public Schools.All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application Form and a Confidentiality Agreement Form must be signed. The application should be submitted to the Volunteer & Partnership Liaison where you would like to volunteer. If you are exploring volunteer opportunities and do not know where you would like to volunteer please contact Dawn Smith at email@example.com
APS students who are interested in volunteering, and those who are under 18 years of age must have a signed Parent Guardian Consent Form included with their application. Once the application form has been submitted
- You will be notified by e-mail or phone that your application has been received
- Sex offender screening of applicant will be conducted
- Your references will be contacted
- You will receive Safe School training link on sexual misconduct, which is required by law.
- You will be contacted for school/program assignment
When you report to the school:
- You will complete a brief orientation with the Volunteer & Partnership Liaison. During the orientation, you will be provided with important information specific to your school location, including emergency procedures, parking information, and protocol for signing in and out of the building.
Whether you are a parent, a partner, or a community volunteer, we need your help in completing this process. We appreciate your time and effort, and we want to take every step to ensure the safety and well being of our students while you are volunteering in the school. During your tenure as an APS Volunteer, do not hesitate to contact the Volunteer & Partnership Program office if you need assistance with anything regarding your school volunteer experience. Please call Dawn Smith at 703-228-2581 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in working with our students and our schools!