Jefferson Middle School needs Math tutors
- Every week Jefferson has a drop in math clinic to help students with their math homework after school. Math topics range from 6th grade math to 8th grade geometry. You need not be an expert to help out, just have a good understanding of basic math and algebra. Math clinic runs from 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM every Wednesday. No long term commitment necessary, come when you are available. If Wednesday’s aren’t a possibility there are small group math help sessions available on other days of the week. If interested contact Jeremy Siegel, Activities coordinator at Jeremy.email@example.com
Kenmore Middle School needs Mentors/Tutors
- Kenmore Middle School is currently recruiting empty nesters, folks with flexible work schedules and recently retired good Samaritans to help start a mentoring/tutoring program after school. There will be a short orientation/training and very flexible hours. Language Arts and Math tutors are needed Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 4:15 pm. All volunteers must submit the Arlington Public Schools Volunteer Application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Arlington Even Start Family Literacy Program seeks volunteers for pre-school classroom
- Even Start, a family literacy program located at Barcroft Elementary School, is in need of volunteers to assist the pre-school teacher with the care and education of two- and three-year old students while their parents attend ESL classes. The program runs from 9am-12pm, Monday-Friday. We are open to all levels of time commitments. Please contact Sara.Mulrooney@apsva.us with any questions.
Gunston Middle School
- A well established intergenerational program at Gunston works with 6th graders who are in the ESL (English as a Second Language) and HILT (High Intensity Language Teaching) programs. The volunteer meets every Wednesday morning (either 9:50am – noon or 12:05 – 1:35pm) with 3 – 5 students. For more information contact Luis Matos at email@example.com
Washington-Lee High School needs tutors in General Math class
- Tutors are needed for the General Math class. Tutors should be comfortable working with special education students with moderate to severe learning needs. Tutors will be assisting students with basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and the everyday uses of these operations. For more information email Danielle Meyer at Danielle.Meyer@apsva.us.
Arlington Community High School seeks volunteers to help in all subjects
- Arlington Community H.S. Tutoring Center needs volunteers to tutor in all subjects, especially math. Lunch hour is the busiest time, but students are in the center from 8 am – 3 pm and in the evenings from 5 – 8 pm, so choose a time that works best for you. If interested in tutoring please contact Lourdes Sanchez at Felisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-228-5350.
Arlington Public Schools seeks volunteers to assist Communities In Schools program
- APS is seeking volunteers to tutor, mentor, and support students and programs at Barcroft Elementary School, Gunston Middle School, and Wakefield and Arlington Community High Schools. For information about volunteering opportunities at these locations please contact Communities in Schools (CIS) at email@example.com.
Please fill out a Application Form if you are interested in volunteering with any of our schools.
Arlington Public Schools Library Services seeks shelving volunteer.
- Library services is seeks shelving volunteers. Library shelving volunteers should be available during the school day (no afterschool, evening or weekend slots). You must be able to work independently, bend down to reach floor-level shelving, understand Dewey Decimal catalog order, and be comfortable working around children. For more information please contact Library Supervisor, Theresa Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about any of these opportunities, please contact 703-228-2581.