“Students communicating enthusiastically about a variety of topics and in multiple contexts while enriching their lives and preparing for a successful future”
School Board Value:
“All APS students should be proficient in at least two languages upon graduation and should have access to world language proficiency programs regardless of school of attendance.”
(adopted as part of the FLES matrix by the Board on December 16, 2010)
Announcements and Resources:
- The World Languages Office is excited to host a celebration to honor National Foreign Language Week.
- Where: Arlington Career Center – 816 S. Walter Reed Drive
- When: March 8, 2017 from 4:30-6:30pm
- Why: To honor Arlington’s diversity, languages and the learning of new world languages.
- Alpha Mu Gamma is the Official Sponsor of National Foreign Language Week. For the history on National Foreign Language week, please click here.
- APS was awarded a STARTALK grant for the 11th consecutive year. The STARTALK grant to teach Arabic and Chinese is a free intensive 3-week summer school program. STARTALK is held during the first three weeks of APS Summer School and is offered for rising 6-8 grader students. For more information, visit the STARTALK section of the website by clicking the menu link on the left.
- We had a successful Credit-by-Exam on November 8, 2016. Students in levels IV and beyond will have an opportunity to test this spring in order to qualify for the Seal of Biliteracy.
- Benefits of language learning
- Secondary Curriculum Frameworks and Language Level Expectations
- Seal of Biliteracy