NEW – Watch the K-12 Planning Unit Data Review Information Session: View Recording
Stage 1 of the boundary process, taking place May 27 to June 20, 2021, is the Planning Unit Data Review: it is an important first step, allowing sufficient time for the community to review the data and provide input to staff about any data point(s) that need attention.
The goal of the Data Review process is to post data by planning unit, for community members interested in a detailed data review, that will be used for the following Fall 2021 processes, which would take effect at the start of the 2022-23 school year:
- Boundary adjustments for neighborhood Middle and High Schools
- Boundary adjustments for Abingdon and Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary Schools
APS staff will review all feedback make any necessary revisions to the data in consultation with Arlington County staff when applicable. A summary of community input and the final planning unit data will be posted in August 2021.
We are asking the community to do the following:
- Review planning unit data using their knowledge of the neighborhoods (Planning Units are the geographic building blocks used to define attendance boundaries for neighborhood schools); and
- Provide input to staff about any data point(s) that need attention
The K-12 Planning Unit Data Review Questionnaire is available from May 27 to June 20, 2021 for individuals interested in reviewing and providing feedback on APS enrollment projection data and Arlington County Housing Unit data by planning unit for community members interested in a detailed review of data.
In order to complete the questionnaire, community members should review the following information resources to share their input with staff:
- Planning Unit Data Table (posted 5/27/21 at 3:30 p.m.):
- Neighborhood High Schools
- Neighborhood Middle Schools
- Abingdon and Dr. Charles R. Drew Planning Units
- Table 2 and 3 Housing Unit Forecast and Site Plan Approvals, since 9/30/20
- Planning Unit Reference Map
- Data Sources and Planning Unit Projections Methodology | documento en español disponible próximamente
- April 22: Monitoring Report to School Board: 2021 Superintendent’s Annual Update and 2021 Fall Boundary Process Preview
- May 27-June 20: Online Community Questionnaire – available in English and Spanish
- June 2 (7-8:30 p.m.): Community Online Information Session to share process, answer questions and gather input
- June 7 (12-1 p.m.): Virtual Staff Open Office Hour to answer questions from community members
- June 11 (12 p.m.): Facebook Live video
- June 20: Online community questionnaire closes and the engagement process ends
- July-August: Analysis of input and consultation with Arlington County staff as applicable
- August: Community input will be shared online and final data table will be published
- August: Preliminary communications on the Fall 2021 Boundary Adjustment Process
- Fall 2021: Boundary Adjustment Process for middle and high schools, as well as for Abingdon and Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions will be continuously updated and posted throughout this process, as we review community input via the questionnaire.