There are no alerts at this time. All schools and programs are at their normal operational status.
In general, APS will only post/send messages if there is a change in normal operating status. For situations where everything is open/operating on a normal schedule, we will not send or post notifications.
The first 13 inclement weather days will be treated as traditional “snow days.” These 13 days may occur consecutively as part of a single major event or at different times during isolated weather events. APS will revert to distance learning for days in excess of the 13 allotted days.
- Plan for Make-Up Days – outlined in the Arlington Public Schools Handbook, available on our Handbook page
- Arlington County Government Winter Weather Closings/Delays
- Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) Closing Policy — specifies when DPR programs and activities will be canceled, delayed or postponed depending on the actions of the County Government and Arlington County Public Schools
- Arlington County Government Snow Removal Information
- Arlington County Government Alert System (Arlington Alert does not provide notification of school closing or delays and is maintained by Arlington County Government as an emergency notification system for residents of Arlington County.)