Full Menu

Required Registration Documents

Download the APS Student Registration Checklist here.

Currently, registration documents are available in Spanish and English. Amharic, Arabic and Mongolian versions of these documents are coming soon.

APS Student Registration Form 

APS Student Registration Form EnglishEspañol

Proof of Arlington County Residency

Parents/legal guardians are required to show proof that they live with their child in Arlington County.

Submit either OPTION 1 or OPTION 2, AND two supporting documents

OPTION 1: If a family owns or rents property, ONE of the following documents must be provided:

  • Deed showing that the student’s parents/legal guardians own the property in Arlington.
  • Current lease agreement signed by the lessor and lessee or tenant and landlord.
  • Settlement documentation from a new home purchase if the deed has not been recorded.

OPTION 2: If a family lives in the residence of someone else (shared housing), THREE documents must be provided:

  1. Residency Form A (English) (Español) – Parent/Legal Guardian Residency Affidavit.
  2. Residency Form B (English) (Español) – Statement of Arlington Resident Affidavit.
  3. A deed or lease agreement.

AND TWO of the following supporting documents that include the parent’s/legal guardians name and address:

  • Current federal, state or property tax return
  • Current payroll or withholding statement
  • Vehicle registration
  • 1 current utility bill (Gas, Electric, Water) Note: Must provide one more supporting document that is not a utility bill.
  • Valid Virginia driver’s license with current address
  • Financial assistance documentation from Arlington County

Proof of Student’s Age and Legal Name

(ONE of the following documents)

  • An original birth certificate or certified copy translated in English, if necessary.
  • If the birth certificate is not available, families can submit a Proof of Student Identity and Age Affidavit (English) (Español).
    • The affidavit is valid for 30 days and requires additional supporting documents such as the child’s passport.

Proof of Parent Identity and Relationship to Student

(ONE of the following documents)

  • Any valid Government Issued Photo Identification
  • Driver’s License
  • Passport

Additional Education Documents

  • If registering for Kindergarten, complete the Pre-K Experience Form English | Español
  • Submit if applicable:
    • Current Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan
    • English Learner or Gifted records
    • School records or official transcripts from the previous school attended


Information below must be submitted on a Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form (English | Español)

All New Students (PreK-12)


SPORTS – Students planning to participate in high school sports must complete a VHSL physical form for high school athletic eligibility and APS Athletic Participation Agreement.

MEDICATIONS – If your child will need medications or special procedures during school, visit Arlington County School Health for additional forms (Medication Authorization Form, Severe Allergy Care Plan, etc.).

QUESTIONS – Please reach out to your School Health Clinic Staff  for any questions about requirements for individual students or for support in making an appointment for a student to receive required vaccines through Arlington County’s Immunization Clinic: Immunization Clinic – Official Website of Arlington County Virginia Government (arlingtonva.us).