In alignment with the Arlington Public Schools Strategic Plan, it is the intent of the Arlington County School Board to obtain high quality Goods, Services, Professional Services, Construction, and Insurance at reasonable cost and that:
- all procurement procedures be conducted in a fair and impartial manner with avoidance of any impropriety or appearance of impropriety,
- all qualified vendors have access to Arlington County School Board business,
- no Bidder or Offeror be arbitrarily or capriciously excluded,
- competition be sought to the maximum feasible degree,
- procurement procedures involve openness and administrative efficiency, that the Arlington County School Board enjoy broad flexibility in fashioning details of such competition,
- the rules governing contract awards be made clear in advance of the competition,
- specifications reflect the procurement needs of the Arlington County School Board rather the being drawn to favor a particular vendor, and
- Arlington County School Board and vendor freely exchange information concerning what is sought to be procured and what is offered.
Procurement Office Personnel
|Director/ Procurement Agent
David J. Webb, C.P.M.
|Assistant Director of Procurement
|Senior Procurement Specialist
Brandon Christian, VCA
|Senior Procurement Specialist
Thanh Thai, VCA
The Procurement Process
Arlington Public Schools (APS) has a centralized purchasing authority under the Procurement Agent, and purchases a wide variety of goods, services, professional services, construction, and insurance. APS utilizes the competitive sealed bidding process, using Invitation to Bid (ITB) whenever possible. Under this process an award is made to the lowest responsive Bid from a responsible Bidder. APS also utilizes a competitive negotiation process, when factors other than price must be considered in selecting a Contractor, using Request for Proposals (RFP). (reference Procurement Resolution).
APS purchases a wide variety of goods, services, professional services, construction, and insurance to support the schools. APS has a procurement process that allows departments/schools to solicit quotes directly for procurement transactions anticipated to be less than $200,000 (Small Purchases). For procurement transactions anticipated to be greater than $200,000, APS utilizes a formal solicitation process, by using either the ITB or RFP method, which is conducted by the Procurement Office.
Becoming An APS Vendor
APS no longer registers vendors through its Procurement Office and no longer selects or notifies vendors of procurement opportunities.
APS now uses eVA, the Commonwealth of Virginia electronic portal, to advertize its procurement opportunities anticipated to be greater than $200,000.
Vendors do not have to register through eVA to submit a Bid or Proposal in response to an APS ITB or RFP, but registration is encouraged. Registration will not only provide vendors notice of APS solicitations, but also of solicitations of other local governments and state agencies. At this time there is no annual fee to register.
Vendors who have general questions about the eVA procurement portal or need eVA registration assistance, should call eVA Customer Care at 1-866-289-7367.
Notice of ITBs and RFPs will continue to be posted on a public bulletin board at 2110 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22204 and on the Procurement Office Website. RFPs may be advertised in the Arlington Sun Gazette newspaper.