Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Arlington Public Schools Partners in Education Program. APS continuously strives to develop strong connections among schools, families, and the community to broaden opportunities for student learning, development and growth. We know that APS volunteers and partners make a difference in the lives of our students every day, and we offer a wide range of opportunities for people in our community to get involved.
Volunteer & Partnership opportunities include:
- Individual Volunteers help enrich education programs by mentoring students or assisting with activities that enhance instruction and promote learning. They are unpaid individuals who donate time on an ongoing basis. Current opportunities are listed here.
- Business, Non-Profit, Government and Community Partnerships support APS students, teachers, and/or administrators on projects that advance student learning, development and growth. We encourage and promote partnerships that strengthen and enhance the quality of education for our students through services, resources and programs. To learn more click here.
- Parents/Guardians/Family Members Looking to Volunteer at their child’s school should call the school’s Volunteer and Partner Liaison for information about their volunteer program.
- Chaperones are parents or family members who only provide support for field trips at their child’s school but aren’t looking for longer-term volunteer opportunities.
- Visitors participate in school activities and events on occasion to support special events such as Career Day, Field Day, Read Across America, and African American Read-In.