Focusing on continuous improvement and operational efficiencies, the department delivers secure and reliable hardware, software, and data solutions and services. These services and solutions are tailored to support personalized student learning, interactive learning spaces, user productivity, accountability in decision-making, and reliable communication platforms. The Information Services Department (IS) includes Information Services Management, Technology Services and Enterprise Solutions.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: If your student took a device home last summer, please remember to send it back with them on the first day of school!
Major Services Provided
- Learning, Knowledge Management, and Productivity Systems
- Instructional Applications
- Support for Innovative Instructional Technology
- Communications Services
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Wireless and Wired Networks
- Hardware and Software
- Database Administration
- Administrative and Business Systems Support
Service Support Center
The Service Support Center provides support for district-wide technological needs including: wireless and communications platforms; internet access; devices for staff and students (laptops, desktops, mobile phones, iPads); technology solutions for all APS schools and administrative facilities. It also serves as the entry point for all technology and data requests. The SSC works closely with all APS staff and students to ensure their technological needs are met (for example, access to devices, repairs, and updates).
Major services provided:
- Communications Infrastructure
- Learning and Productivity Infrastructure
- Network Infrastructure
- Technology Hardware
The Enterprise Solutions office is responsible for planning, designing, and supporting Arlington Public Schools’ instructional and administrative systems. It ensures that systems are available and maintained to support Instruction, operations, and administrative functions district wide. The work involves a wide range of interactions with schools, administrative offices departments, families, county government, software vendors, and consultants.
Major services provided:
- Support and maintain APS Instructional and Administrative Systems
- Implement and maintain online instructional applications and tools for students
- Develop custom applications to expedite business operations
- Data delivery
- Design, implement, and maintain operational systems that support APS staff including, but not limited to, STARS, Synergy, Data Warehouse, and Canvas
Instructional Technology Integration
All new digital resources – and changes to existing resources – are evaluated through an Approval Process for the following criteria: data privacy compliance, technical compatibility, instructional appropriateness, accessibility, equitable access, and cost. The review process occurs in scheduled windows throughout the school year. An APS Technology Review Committee approves new additions and changes in Q1, Q2, and Q3. If a new request or a change to an existing tool is approved, deployment occurs over the summer months, to be available for the following school year.All building level requests for new resources begin by having a conversation with the ITC in that school.
- If there is an instructional need that is not met by the existing tools, the ITC will escalate the request with an appropriate supervisor in the Academics Office
- If a content supervisor chooses to support the new request as its Instructional Lead, they will submit a form to begin the process
- Requestors can monitor the most up-to-date status of a request throughout the review process by checking the Requested Digital Resources – Check Current Status
The Integration Support Group is responsible for integrating, delivering, and maintaining software on student and staff devices, computers, and shared devices. The group supports Windows, Macintosh, and iOS platforms. The group delivers network-printing services to workstations on the APS network to allow students and staff to print to networked printers and copiers.
- Desktop Management
- Printing Services
- Printer Refreshment
- General Productivity Tools (Microsoft Office, Acrobat, Virus Software, etc.)
- IT Consultation
- Software Custom Applications
The Network Support group installs and maintains the network hardware, software, and infrastructure in the APS Data Center and at all APS facilities. The group is responsible for centrally managed network services such as archiving, authentication services, remote access, facilitating hosted services, file access, and network closets of every APS facility, as well as many other services.
- Internet Services
- File Storage
- Authentication Services
- IT Security
- Wireless Network
- Data Network
- Network Hosting
- Remote Access
- Email Services
- Printing Infrastructure
- Data Center
- Data Integration and Exchange with Enterprise Solutions
- IT Consultation
Raj Adusumilli, Assistant Superintendent, Information Services
Cynthia Guadalupe, Executive Administrative Assistant
Terance Proctor, Sr., Director – Service Support Center
Girish Rajput, Director – Enterprise Solutions
Jacqueline Firster, Instructional Technology Integration Analyst