The Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) and Community Peer Pre-K (CPP) programs require families to submit documentation as a part of the application process in person at the APS Welcome Center. Due to the Welcome Center being closed, families will be able to upload all the required documents through their SchoolMint account.The timeline for submitting applications and the required paperwork has been revised to allow families additional time to apply for pre-K programs.
The following is the revised timeline:
- April 16, 2020: Families will be able to begin uploading documents in their SchoolMint account.
- June 1, 2020: The application for the VPI and CPP programs closes.
- June 10, 2020: Lotteries for the VPI and CPP programs will be held online.
- June 15, 2020: Families will be notified of their acceptance or placement on the waitlist.
June 22, 2020: Families must confirm or decline attendance to VPI and CPP programs
The Community Peer Pre-K Program provides students the following:
- Arlington Public Schools (APS) meets the needs of 2-, 3-, and 4-year-old children with disabilities through Pre-Kindergarten Special Education services. We have programs located in most APS elementary schools.
- Pre-k children without identified disabilities ages 2 years 6 months (by September 30) through 4-years old from the Arlington community will have the opportunity to participate in one of the Preschool Special Education Programs through the Community Peer Pre-Kindergarten Program (CPP). The CPP program is designed to support general education experiences for our younger students with disabilities.
- Through this program, preschoolers from the community will participate in a high quality pre-k program at an APS elementary school. Our toddler programs provide play-based instruction to target all developmental areas with a focus on communication, interactions with peers and adults as well as fostering growing independent skills. Our 3-5 program provides instruction that is aligned with the Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) program and differentiated to meet student’s needs. CPP provides pre-k students with and without disabilities opportunities to learn together and grow in all developmental areas.
- Priority consideration and enrollment in the program is given to neighborhood-zoned children, children in families below 80% of the median income in Arlington County (currently $100,800 for a family of four in Arlington ) and current APS employees.
- Must be a current Arlington resident.
- For the 3-5-year-old programs, children must be age 3 years 6 months by September 30th and toilet trained.
- For the toddler programs, children must be 2 years 6 months old by September 30th.
*To apply to the CPP program, you must follow these steps:
- A completed CPP application – online at link!
- Upload the following documents to the online portal with your application.
a) Proof of Income
> A copy of a 2018 or 2019 federal tax return showing adjusted gross income OR
>Three most recent pay stubs
> A letter of employment stating salary
b) Proof of Arlington residence
> A current lease signed by lessor and lessee or tenant and landlord to show that the parent/guardian resides in Arlington County; or
> A sworn affidavit from the owner or lessee of the residence to show that a family and student reside with them in Arlington County
(Form A and Form B-Residency Statement of Parents/Guardians and Statement of Arlington Resident). Forms A and B are only valid for one year and must
be refiled within five days of expiration or the student shall be withdrawn from APS.
> A current copy of the resident’s mortgage or lease must accompany all forms A and B.The registrar will forward a copy to the Assistant Superintendent of Student
Services for monitoring and follow-up
c) Proof of Age
> Proof of the child’s age and legal name –a birth certificate. If the parent/guardian cannot provide a birth certificate, an Affidavit must be completed.
APS has the right to forward a copy of the Affidavit to its law enforcement agency.
|Community Peer Pre-Kindergarten (CPP) Program|
|Alice West Fleet|
(Toddler program and 3-5 year old program)
|Dr. Charles R. Drew|
Tuition Fee Schedule : Tuition FY2021 Rates