HIRING for the 22/23 School Year!
We appreciate your interest in employment at Arlington Public Schools. This information will be used to determine your eligibility for an interview. Please note, only those applicants that have not interviewed for the 2022-2023 school year will be contacted to schedule an interview. The hiring official will notify you via email or phone with additional information as it pertains to your interview.
We are currently interviewing and hiring in the following areas:
- Elementary Classroom Teachers
- Behavior Specialists
- Career and Technical Education (CTE-Computer Science, Engineering, Carpentry)
- Reading Specialists
- Resource Teachers for the Gifted
- Science (Chemistry, Earth Science and Physics)
- Special Education – Elementary, PreK and MIPA
- Special Education – Secondary
- Special Education Related Services (SLP, TVI, DHH)
- School Psychologists (Fulltime and Part Time)
- English Learner Teachers
All instructional candidates with a Virginia Teaching License or who are eligible for a license will be considered for an interview. And yes, licensed out-of-state educators are welcomed!
Acceptable documents to determine your eligibility for licensure include:
- Virginia Teaching License (Valid and/or expired)
- Valid Out-of-State License
- Transcripts from all degrees (foreign transcripts must be evaluated from an approved agency by the VDOE)
- Statement of Eligibility
- College Verification Form
- Praxis Score
Please check back regularly to apply for vacancies that are of interest.
Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Step 1 – Create and maintain an online profile.
- New to our site and have never registered?
- Already a registered user?
Step 2 – Submit your profile to open positions.
- Looking for open positions?
Available positions with Arlington Public Schools (APS), instructions for submitting an application, and general information about APS and our schools can be found using the links at the left. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources:
If you are interested in applying for School Health positions such as Clinic Aides, School Health Nurses, or Crossing Guards, you must visit the Arlington County Website. School Health positions are hired/employed by the county rather than by the school system.
As a condition of employment, all applicants who are offered and accept positions with Arlington Public Schools must submit to fingerprinting and provide descriptive information to be submitted along with the fingerprints through the Central Criminal Records Exchange of the Federal Bureau of Investigation for the purpose of obtaining criminal record information.
BE IMMERSED. BE ENRICHED. BE YOURSELF.
Now Hiring for the 2022/2023 SY
The Extended Day Child Care Department is now hiring for the 2022/2023 School Year.