EVERY BACKGROUND. EVERY PERSPECTIVE. EVERY OPPORTUNITY.
We appreciate your interest in employment at Arlington Public Schools.
We are currently conducting Virtual Interviews in the following areas to hire Teachers:
- Career and Technical Education
- Reading Specialist
- Special Education – Elementary
- Special Education – Secondary
- Special Education – Related Service Providers
Please take a moment to complete this survey, Arlington Public Schools Interviews for 20/21 School Year. This information will be used to determine your eligibility for a virtual interview.
After submission and upon verification, you will receive a link or a phone call to schedule a virtual interview. Please note, only those applicants that have not interviewed for the 2020-2021 school year will receive a link or phone call to schedule a virtual interview.
The hiring official will notify you via email or phone with additional information as it pertains to which platform to use for your virtual interview. Virtual interviews will be conducted using one of the following platforms; Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Google Hangouts. Please familiarize yourself with all platforms.
All instructional candidates with a Virginia teaching license or who are eligible for a license should apply. Please complete your application online for consideration.
Acceptable documents to determine your eligibility for licensure include:
- Virginia Teaching License (Valid and/or expired)
- Valid Out-of-State License
- Transcripts from all degrees (foreign transcripts must be evaluated from an approved agency by the VDOE)
- Statement of Eligibility
- College Verification Form
- Praxis Score
- Employee Assistance Professional (EAP)
- Special Education Teachers
- Please check back regularly to apply for vacancies that are of interest.
Step 1 – Create and maintain an online profile.
- New to our site and have never registered?
- Already a registered user?
Step 2 – Submit your profile to open positions.
- Looking for open positions?
Available positions with Arlington Public Schools (APS), instructions for submitting an application, and general information about APS and our schools can be found using the links at the left. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources:
If you are interested in applying for School Health positions such as Clinic Aides, School Health Nurses, or Crossing Guards, you must visit the Arlington County Website. School Health positions are hired/employed by the county rather than by the school system.
As a condition of employment, all applicants who are offered and accept positions with Arlington Public Schools must submit to fingerprinting and provide descriptive information to be submitted along with the fingerprints through the Central Criminal Records Exchange of the Federal Bureau of Investigation for the purpose of obtaining criminal record information.