The APS Science Program
- Ensures implementation of the science standards defined by the Virginia Department of Education through the development of curriculum and selection of instructional resources.
- Develops and facilitates learning opportunities for teachers and staff.
- Supports teachers through mentoring, lesson modeling, and observations to ensure best practices for science instruction.
- Supports the schools in their facilitation and implementation of their fairs or expos and organizes, hosts, and runs the Northern Virginia Regional Science and Engineering Fair.
- Supports participation in Virginia Junior Academy of Science and facilitates the registration and transportation of students and teachers attending the symposium.
- Schedules and facilitates trips to the Planetarium and oversees day-to-day operation.
- Supports sustainability education and oversees the school-based sustainability liaisons.