The Language Service Registration Center (LSRC) is a service of Arlington Public Schools’ Department of Student Services and Special Education. It facilitates the school registration process for families with English as a Second Language. It also provides language support to families, students, and schools through translation and interpretation services.
What we do:
- Register and evaluate students whose first language or the language most often used at home is other than English;
- Register and evaluate students with other language backgrounds, who are English Language Learners (ELL);
- Introduce families to the different schools and alternative programs;
- Provide language interpretation and translation services;
- Manage demographic and educational data for ELL students;
- Publish the “Survey of Limited English Proficiency Students”, annual report of the number of students and languages of English Language Learners in the Arlington Public Schools (APS).
- Provide staff development about interpretation, translation, and world cultures in APS
According to the APS “Survey of Limited English Proficient Students,” APS students speak 98 different languages; therefore, our website is translated into the five most prevalent languages in APS: Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Mongolian and Spanish.
If you need translation or interpretation for languages not listed above, you may request our translation services; please refer to the Language Services section for instructions and tools.
We will continue our efforts to bring more options for non-English speakers to access our website in the future.