Welcome to the Language Service Registration Center (LSRC), a service of the Arlington Public Schools’ Department of Teaching and Learning.
The LSRC facilitates the school registration process for families with English as a Second Language, and provides language support to families, students, and schools through translation and interpretation services.
What we do:
- Register and evaluate students whose first language or the language most often used at home is other than English;
- Register and evaluate students with other language backgrounds, who are English Language Learners (EL);
- Introduce families to the different schools and alternative programs;
- Provide language interpretation and translation services;
- Manage demographic and educational data for EL students;
- Publish the “Survey of Limited English Proficiency Students”, annual report of the number of students and languages of English Language Learners in the Arlington Public Schools (APS), and
- Provide interpretation and translation staff development.