For Immediate Emergencies, call 911
If you or someone you know is in emotional distress, 988 is a free resource available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- You can call or text 988, or use the online chat at www.988lifeline.org
- Services are for mental health and substance abuse support.
- 988 provides someone to talk to and referrals to other services as needed, 24 hours/day.
- Presently 9-8-8 routes calls to local support centers based on the caller’s area code and not their location in the community. In the future geolocator features will be added for more localized routing.
- 988 is not like 911 in that the dispatch function has not yet been built out. For a life-threatening emergency call 911.
School Support Line
The Student Support Line provides support for bullying, isolation, suicidal thoughts, and other mental health issues. Calls are anonymous and confidential. The School Support Line is available 24/7 for students, parents, and staff.
CALL 833-Me-Cigna (833-632–4462)
Children’s Regional Crisis Response (CR2)
CR2 Provides 24- Hour rapid response to all youth (17 & younger) facing a mental health and/or substance use crisis. Their highly trained and compassionate counselors provide phone screening and face-to-face assessment, intervention, and support so that your child and family may continue with life as planned.
Call for 24-Hour Crisis Services 844-627-4747
In need of Emergency Mental Health Services? Call:
Arlington Behavioral Healthcare Services
Emergency Line: 703-228-5160
General Number: 703-228-1560
Worried your child may attempt suicide/self-harm? Not sure what to do? Call:
National Suicide Prevention Line: 988
Crisis Link Regional Hot Line: 703-527-4077 or Text: CONNECT to 85511
National Hope Line: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
LGBTQ Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
SAMHSA National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)